Fri, 21/05/2021 | 15:21 PM
Forum on "Intellectual Property Rights with Small and Medium-sized Enterprises" in Ho Chi Minh City
To celebrate the World Intellectual Property Day, the Intellectual Property Office of Viet Nam (IP Viet Nam) cooperated with the Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City (IUH) to organize the Forum "Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) with Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)" and the Exhibition "Intellectual Property Products" on April 17 2021 in Ho Chi Minh City.
Speaking at the opening session of the Forum, Dr. Phan Hong Hai, Rector of IUH has mentioned the message of the World Intellectual Property Day 2021 "IPRs and SMEs: Taking your ideas to market ", to honor and encourage SMEs in using IP tools to bring their ideas to market, to develop business in enterprises. “Businesses can use IPRs to build their companies stronger, more competitive and more sustainable", he affirmed.
Dr. Phan Hong Hai, Rector of the Industrial University of Ho Chi Minh City delivered his opening remarks at the Forum
On behalf of IP Viet Nam, Deputy Director General Mr. Tran Le Hong, in his opening remarks, highly appreciated the cooperation between IP Viet Nam and IUH. The coordination in organizing this Forum and the sideline exhibition was a vivid demonstration of the effective cooperation between the two sides. This was a significant activity to celebrate World IP Day April 26th in Vietnam. Emphasizing the exploitation of intellectual property tools, Mr. Tran Le Hong said that each SME can use IPRs as a powerful economic tool if they are aware of and know how to exploit it, in contrast, IPRs can remarkably affect business operations, and even cause business failures. IPRs are the legal background for IP assets of businesses; IPRs-based exclusivity generates revenue, profits and increases the competitiveness of the business, fosters strategic cooperation with potential partners and other advantages, so it goes daily hand in hand with business, as well as success and failure. The Deputy Director General also thanked the cooperation and great contributions of IUH and the Science and Technology Department of Ho Chi Minh City in organizing this meaningful forum.
IP Viet Nam’s Deputy Director General Mr. Tran Le Hong delivered his opening remarks at the Forum
At the Forum, speakers from IP Viet Nam, the Copyright Office of Viet Nam, the Science and Technology Department of Ho Chi Minh City and the Graphenel Joint Stock Company have shared different aspects of the exploitation of IPRs by SMEs, the relationship between businesses and partners such as universities and research institutes in IPRs exploitation. Mr. Peter Willimott, representative of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Office in Singapore, has attended the Forum virtually and shared a representation on IP activities of SMEs on the basis of operating practices of Vietnamese enterprises as well as proposed valuable recommendations. Speakers and participants have actively exchanged and discussed about IP issues in SMEs, especially solutions to improving the efficiency of the IPRs exploitation, such as: enhancing training activities for managers of IP assets; ensuring the effective coordination between businesses, scientists and managers; promoting the activeness and capacity of businesses, etc.
Discussion session at the Forum
Overview of the Forum
On the sidelines of the Forum, the Exhibition on "Intellectual property products" was held in IUH’s campus with the participation of 28 exhibitors. Products presented at the exhibition are diverse, from high-tech products to daily life products, but having a common feature that is linked to the exploitation of IPRs. The exhibition booth of IP Viet Nam has received attention of a large number of visitors. IP Viet Nam’s officials have provided direct consultation to interested visitors about IP issues.
Exhibition booth of IP Viet Nam
The forum on "IPRs with SMEs" and the Exhibition on "IP Products" have successfully ended after an active working day.
Intellectual Property Training and Consultation Center (IPTC)
Translated by Duy Khanh - International Cooperation Division.
Latest news title
- Guidelines for determining the eligibility for patent protection of claimed subject matter of computer program related inventions
- Global Innovation Index 2022
- WIPO Invites Applicants for 2023 Global Awards Competition for SMEs
- Announcement on Adopting the Vietnamese Version of the Nice Classification of Goods and Services 12-2023
- Notice on application of legal provisions on time limits for applicants affected by Covid-19 pandemic
- The Ceremony to Announce and Award Decision on the Appointment of Deputy Director General of Intellectual Property Office of Viet Nam
- Announcement on Adopting the Vietnamese Version of the International patent classification 2021.01
- Amendments to the Regulations under the Protocol Relating to the Madrid Agreement Concerning the International Registration of Marks in force as from February 1, 2021
- Announcement on Adopting the Vietnamese Version of the Nice Classification of Goods and Services 11-2021
- Notification on application of legal provisions relating to time limits for applicants affected by Covid-19 and transactions between applicants and the Intellectual Property Office of Viet Nam