Th 5, 28/04/2011 | 09:38 SA
KIPO high-level delegation visits NOIP
With a view to implementing the bilateral cooperation programme between NOIP and KIPO...
With a view to implementing the bilateral cooperation programme between the National Office of Intellectual Property of Viet Nam (NOIP) and the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO), a KIPO high-level delegation, led by Commissioner Lee Soowon, paid an official visit to the NOIP from 20 to 21 April 2011 and attended the heads meeting between the two Offices.
Talk between leaders of NOIP and KIPO
The heads meeting was also attended by NOIP’s Director General Tran Viet Hung and Deputy Director General Pham Phi Anh. At the meeting, the two sides exchanged views, information on the latest developments of the IP system of each country; reviewed and evaluated the implementation of activities under bilateral co-operation in 2010; and discussed cooperation plan for 2011. The leaders of the two Offices underscored the importance and necessity of strengthening cooperative ties between the two offices so as to ensure adequate and effective protection of intellectual property rights owned by individuals and legal entities of each country, thus promoting the trade and investment flows between the two countries.
Director General Tran Viet Hung highly appreciated the visit of KIPO Delegation to Viet Nam and expressed his gratitude to KIPO for its effective co-operation and assistance extended to NOIP during past years.
The heads meeting was concluded by the signing of the Record of Discussion (ROD) on bilateral co-operation between NOIP and KIPO in 2011, whereby KIPO will receive Vietnamese officials for training courses and study visits on IP examination, management and enforcement in Korea as well as dispatch experts to training courses and seminars/workshops in Viet Nam.
Signing the Record of Discussion on bilateral cooperation between NOIP and KIPO
During their stay in Viet Nam, Commissioner Lee Soowon and his escorts also paid a short visit to Ha Long Bay, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum as well as some historical and cultural spots in Ha Noi.
KIPO’s Commissioner Lee Soowon visits Ha Long Bay
International Cooperation Division
Tin mới nhất
- Geographical indication protection of “Bến Kè” for yam products
- Geographical indication protection: Upgrading local specialty value chains
- Probiotics - treating plastic waste created by Vietnamese
- Protecting Geographical Indications Abroad: Experiences from Luc Ngan Lychee
- Forum on "Intellectual Property Rights with Small and Medium-sized Enterprises" in Ho Chi Minh City
Các tin khác
- Bail-out measures for applicants affected by the earthquake and tsunami disaster in Japan
- SIPO’s High-Ranking Delegation visit to NOIP
- Leaders of NOIP attended the 32nd Meeting of the APEC IP Experts Group and other related events
- The 35th Meeting of the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation
- Viet Nam hosted the 6th ASEAN - EPO Heads of Intellectual Property Offices Conference