Th 6, 25/03/2011 | 09:21 SA
Leaders of NOIP attended the 32nd Meeting of the APEC IP Experts Group and other related events
From March 2 to 8, 2011, under the framework of the APEC IP Experts Group (IPEG), and at the invitation of the US Patent and Trademark Office...
From March 2 to 8, 2011, under the framework of the APEC Intellectual Property Experts Group (IPEG), and at the invitation of the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), the Vietnamese Delegation, led by Mr. Tran Viet Hung, Director General of the National Office of Intellectual Property of Viet Nam, attended the 32nd Meeting of the APEC Intellectual Property Experts Group and other related events held in Washing D.C. Joining the Delegation there were Deputy Director General Tran Huu Nam and officials of the International Cooperation Division..
The Meeting reviewed and assessed the implementation of IPEG cooperative activities; exchanged and updated information between APEC economies on various aspects of intellectual property such as IP legislation, issues relating to copyright; trademark; geographical indication; protection of genetic resources, traditional knowledge and traditional cultural expressions; IPRs enforcement etc.. The meeting also discussed and endorsed new IPEG project proposals.
As an activity under IPEG, a dialogue between IPEG and APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC) was organized with a view to exchanging information and discussing measures to combat counterfeiting and piracy. During the dialogue, the importance of green technology for economic development was emphasized where innovation would play very important role.
Within the framework of the IPEG, The Asia-Pacific Intellectual Property Forum in the 21st Century was held at the USPTO premises. Attending this important forum, there were leaders of world largest IP offices such USPTO, JPO, SIPO, KIPO IP-Australia, Canadian IP Office (CIPO), ROSPATENT as well as the World Intellectual Property Organization. The Forum discussed measures to cope with IP problems and challenges encountered by the world IP system, especially in the area of patents where patent harmonization was discussed as an important issue.
On the margin of the IPEG events, the Vietnamese Delegation met with various delegations such as USPTO, JPO, ROSPATENT, SIPO, IP-Australia, KIPO with a view to strengthening bilateral cooperation with them in the coming time.
The Vietnamese Delegation together with Mr. David Kappos, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office attending the Asia-Pacific Intellectual Property Forum in the 21st Century
The Vietnamese Delegation met with USPTO’s patent examiners of Vietnamese origin
International Cooperation Division
Tin mới nhất
- Announcement of the Minister of Science and Technology's Decision on the Appointment of the Director General of IP Viet Nam
- Local administration of Industrial Property activities
- Geographical indication protection "NA HANG" for yeast corn wine product
- Geographical indication protection "Lang Son" for grass jelly product
- Geographical indication protection "Quang Tri" for Vang tea products
Các tin khác
- The 35th Meeting of the ASEAN Working Group on Intellectual Property Cooperation
- Viet Nam hosted the 6th ASEAN - EPO Heads of Intellectual Property Offices Conference
- President of European Patent Office paid an official working visit to Viet Nam
- Visit of NOIP Delegation to Denmark
- THE THIRTY-FOURTH MEETING OF THE ASEAN WORKING GROUP ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COOPERATION