Th 7, 12/08/2017 | 12:01 CH
Xem với cỡ chữ Đọc bài viết Tương phản
NOIP-KIPO Heads Meeting
On April 8th 2014, a high-level meeting between the National Office of Intellectual Property of Viet Nam (NOIP) and KIPO...
On April 8th 2014, a high-level meeting between the National Office of Intellectual Property of Viet Nam (NOIP) and the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) was held at NOIP’s Headquarters. The meeting was organized to discuss bilateral cooperative activities under the Memorandum of Understanding between NOIP and KIPO signed in 2009. Mr. Ta Quang Minh, NOIP’s Director General received and worked with KIPO’s delegation led by Commissioner, Mr. Kim Youngmin.
At the meeting, both sides updated and exchanged information about operation of each Office during the past year as well as achievements gained and difficulties faced by the two Offices.
General Director Ta Quang Minh reviewed some implemented cooperative activities by the two Offices over the year 2013. He highly evaluated and emphasized the effective and timely assistance by KIPO in trainings on trademark and patent examination, study visit on intellectual property administration and sending a number of expert groups to Vietnam providing consultation on the development of Madrid Administration System in NOIP.
In addition, Director General also informed the Commissioner and other delegates of NOIP’s work plan in 2014 under which the bilateral cooperative activities were proposed focusing on two areas: (i) Strengthening capacity of intellectual property rights administration and enforcement – Raising public awareness of intellectual property; (ii) Developing intellectual property system. Both sides also agreed to consider the expansion of the cooperation in other areas if necessary, such as supporting NOIP to build up a Centre for Intellectual Property Assets Development, to exchange patent information, to implement the Project on Integrated Information, and to host the Appropriate Technology Competition 2014.
Mr. Kim Youngmin said KIPO would cooperate with NOIP in handling backlogs of applications, developing a training material on intellectual property for students, organizing outreach activities, raising public awareness of intellectual property through mass media and on the website. The Commissioner also affirmed that KIPO would be willing to cooperate with NOIP in other issues upon NOIP’s request.
The meeting was concluded with the signing of Record of Discussion and Implementation Plan 2014 by Director General Ta Quang Minh and Commissioner Kim Youngmin.
Director General Ta Quang Minh and Commissioner Kim Youngmin exchanged the signed Record of Discussion and Implementation Plan 2014
In the same day’s evening, the delegation officially departed for their home country, successfully finished the working visit to Viet Nam.
International Cooperation Division
Tin mới nhất
- Workshop and invention business contest on patent information search
- Luc Ngan lychee and Binh Thuan dragon fruit are protected as geographical indications in Japan in the top 10 science and technology events in 2021.
- Geographical indication protection of “MIYAGI SALMON” for salmon products
- Geographical indication protection of “Lamphun” for golden dried longan
- Geographical indication protection of “Ca Mau” for crab products
Các tin khác
- Seminar on “Formulation, Management and Development of Certification Trademarks”
- VIETNAM HOSTED THE 44th MEETING OF ASEAN WORKING GROUP ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY COOPERATION
- Intellectual Property and Branding of Products with Strong Geographical Origin for the ASEAN
- International Geographical Indications Exhibition 2014
- PROTOCOL AMENDING THE WTO TRIPS AGREEMENT OFFICIALLY ENTERED INTO FORCE