Th 2, 30/11/2009 | 12:15 CH
NOIP’s delegation attended the meeting of APEC’s IP expert group
The 27th meeting of APEC’s IP expert group (IPEG) and seminar on protection of traditional knowledge held in Lima, Peru on 13-16 August 2008. The meeting was participated by 16 delegations from APEC’s economies. The Vietnamese delegation was led by NOIP’s Director General Tran Viet Hung attended both the meeting and the seminar. Besides, representative from WIPO was also invited to attend and speak at the 27th meeting of IPEG.
The 27th meeting of APEC’s IP expert group (IPEG) and seminar on protection of traditional knowledge held in
The 27th meeting of IPEG reviewed and assessed results of activities implemented. Over the past time, many ideas and collective actions had been carried out within the framework of IPEG and resulted in positive outputs, contributing to improving the effectiveness of IPRs protection in APEC area.
The meeting spent rather much time on update and exchange of information about various issues of IP systems by APEC economies.
In addition, the meeting discussed ideas of economies in forms of projects with a view to promoting and improving effectiveness of IPRs protection in member economies of APEC.
The next IPEG meeting will be hosted by
The seminar on protection of traditional knowledge was organized right after the 27th IPEG meeting with the participation of experts from WIPO and CBD as well as representatives from APEC’s member economies. The experts provided updated information relating to policies for TK protection, principles on approaching and sharing benefits from the use and exploitation of TK (ABS);
Some member economies were also invited to deliver presentations about the status of TK protection in their territories. Being invited by the Organizing Board, DG Tran Viet Hung talked about the situation of TK protection in
On the sideline of the 27th IPEG meeting and seminar, the Vietnamese delegation held meetings with other delegation of APEC’s member economies to exchange updated information as well as seek bilateral cooperative possibilities between
Tin mới nhất
- Announcement of the Minister of Science and Technology's Decision on the Appointment of the Director General of IP Viet Nam
- Local administration of Industrial Property activities
- Geographical indication protection "NA HANG" for yeast corn wine product
- Geographical indication protection "Lang Son" for grass jelly product
- Geographical indication protection "Quang Tri" for Vang tea products
Các tin khác
- President of the Standing Committee of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan visited NOIP
- The 26th anniversary of the NOIP and the reception of the Competitive Banner of the Government
- Issue of Official Gazettes of industrial property in form of CD-ROM
- NOIP’s DG visits Japan
- Inauguration of Branch Office of National Office of Intellectual Property in Ho Chi Minh City